The following sources of wills have been searched
for Hulley entries and copies obtained of several of them. More
information concerning some of the wills and their sources is given
in the main Wills section.
- At Cheshire Record Office
55 entries for Hulley/Hully/Howley/Hooley etc. Oldest one is dated 1611.
33 copies of originals held.
- At Public Record Office London (Prerogative Court of Canterbury)
15 copies held.
- At Borthwick Institute York (Prerogative Court of York)
165 entries ranging from Robert Hallay of Thorgamby
1466, through several variations of the surname (Hullay, Halley,
Ulley, Hally, Hallie, Hallye, Hawley, Holley, Hooley,
Now indexed from 1372 to 1858.
- Entries in Somerset House Will Indexes 1858-1900
Highest value - Georgiana Hulley (died 28 Oct 1890 at Liverpool)
Lowest value - Alfred Hulley (died 23 Aug 1891 at Radcliffe, Lancs) left £3.14s.
- At Lichfield Joint Record Office - Diocese of Lichfield
92 listed, of which 17 are missing.
- Covering Derbyshire, Staffordshire, Warwickshire (part) and Worcestershire (part)
6 copies obtained to date.
- Recent discovery - a document in the form of a will dated 1500. Written by John Hulley of the One
House, Rainow near Macclesfield, Cheshire.
Copyright © 2000-2018 Ray Hulley. All rights reserved.